If you are planning a trip, remember, bed bugs can be present anywhere to ruin your stay. This is not all, they can also travel home with you. There are some simple travel tips that can help you prevent bed bug infestation in Greater Hamilton/Niagara Area.
- You are staying in an expensive 5-star resort, expecting that there won’t be any bed bug, you are highly mistaken. These small critters can be found anywhere, whether it is an ocean front bungalow or a small apartment. Thus, it is vital to check your accommodation before checking in or checking out. Bugs are nocturnal and typically bite people while they sleep in an infested bed.
- For complete protection from bed bugs, you can take a few black plastic garbage bags along. Use these bags to protect your dirty clothes and to your luggage from invasion.
- After reaching your destination, if possible, try to keep your luggage in the car. If you must bring them up, store them in the bathroom, while you thoroughly check your room. Remember, bed bugs prefer to live in cozy and dark areas. You won’t find them crawling across ceramic tiles. You need to meticulously check the corners of the bed and furniture.
- Peel down the beddings and look for tiny brown, seed-like bugs. They are very small, so you need to look carefully.
- Look for blood stains on the sheets and pillowcases. These stains aren’t proof that bed bugs are in your room, but they will keep you alert of their presence.
- Examine the seams and corners of the beds for black, sticky residue. Bed bugs might have left their feces inside mattresses. Contact the manager immediately, if you suspect bed bug infestation in your room.
- You can also use a flashlight to check the backboard and furniture in the room. Bed bugs feed on human blood and as they cannot fly like other insects, they prefer to live near the place where their potential meal carrier is laying in a prone position.
- If you wake up with red, itchy bites on the skin, usually on the arms or shoulders, have them checked out. Bed bugs feed multiple times a night and such bites indicate that you have been attacked by them.
- When you are ready to get back home, check the seams of your bag carefully. All it takes is one female bed bug to start an infestation in your home. A few eggs laid in the bag or piece of luggage is enough to disrupt your lifestyle.
- Be careful while travelling and keep in mind these simple tips to protect yourself from bed bugs. Awareness is the key to driving back bed bug infestation.
In case, you require professional bed bug extermination services, you can rely on Bed Bug Killers. Our exterminators provide customized solutions to resolve your bed bug issues.