If you think that moving your home will not bring your bed bugs to that new location, think again. It is always recommended to get a complete bed bugs removal before you start packing.
As a homeowner, you might be able to deal with minor pest problems, but still it is better to take a professional help. Some pests are stubborn by nature, and require the help of a professional to eliminate them completely from your home! Bed bugs are one those stubborn pests.
Bed bugs are a challenging pest to control. The smaller ones are experts in hiding themselves in small cracks in your house making themselves impossible to spot.
Bed bugs are nocturnal creatures – they are only active at night when you are sleeping. They are also challenging to control because they keep on changing places in your home. The fact that bed bugs can easily travel through walls, pipes and flooring, letting a professional tackle them will prevent these pests from infesting your entire home.
Carefully packing your stuff is always a good way to avoid bed bugs coming with you when you move.
Follow these simple steps when you pack:
- Keep a flashlight for inspecting the mattress before you pack them. Make sure the mattresses are packed in different boxes.
- Wash and dry all your clothing and pack them in fresh and clear plastic bags. Do the same with your pillows, linens and other fabric items.
- Examine everything from books, picture frames to decorations to ensure that your stuff is bug-free.
- If the bug infestation is mild, you can easily get away by very carefully examining all the items. It is important to pay close attention to items that were placed near the bed. You can buy a bed bug killer from your local hardware store and spray it on all the cracks and holes in your home.
- If your couch has been used for sleeping purposes or has any signs of bed bug infestation, it will be difficult to make it free of bugs. A pest control company should be contacted immediately.
When the day of moving finally arrives, take some additional precautions to ensure that all the bed bugs are left behind.Give your pets a bath on the day of your move.
After the bath, keep them outside because if they go back inside, they might carry more bugs for your new home.
Even all your family members should take shower and wear fresh clothes on their way to the new home.
Other Important Things to Keep in Mind
Apart from the precautions mentioned above, there are other things you can do to ensure that the bed bugs that are left behind do not become a big problem for those who have just moved in.
Make sure to aware your property manager or landlord about the bed bugs in the house you are leaving. They should contact a professional company dealing with bed bugs removal to save the unit from getting damaged.
Call 289-799-3161 to solve pest infestation problems now.