When it comes eradicate a bed bug problem, you may face a problem to make the right decision. Because there are a lot of treatments available in the market. All the treatments have a few pros and cons.
Bed bugs are very challenging tiny pests to get rid of, since they reproduce so quickly and hide very well. These tiny pests are very smart traveler and can catch a ride in your suitcase and used furniture. They can even travel from one apartment to another or in the entire building. If you are not sure that you have a bed bug problem or not, you can check your bed sheet and pillow cover to see blood marks. As a homeowner, it is crucial to understand these tiny insects and what it takes to eradicate them from your house.
Here is important information regarding the most common methods used by pest control professionals to kill these tiny pests.
- Heat treatment: Bed bugs are parasitic and can be very hard to kill. The hotspots for infestation are baseboards, box springs, mattresses, and carpets. They can hide in something as small as nail indentations in the wall. Heat treatment is an excellent way to eradicate bed bugs quickly. For those customers who cannot take this problem any longer, this treatment is great.
- Chemical treatment: Many companies use chemical pesticides in your house in order to get rid of these itchy pests. Chemical treatment takes four to five weeks to kill all the bed bugs. This treatment does not require much prep work, you just need to be out of the treated area only for two hours. A few registered products are desiccants, pyrroles, insect growth regulators, pyrethroids, pyrethrins, biochemical and neonicotinoids.
- Canine search: Just like other two treatments, this is also an effective treatment. This form of bed bug search is more accurate than a visual search. Canines have been used for their keen sense of smell to find a number of substances. They have more than three hundred million receptors as compared to humans. This is the main reason they find things very quickly through a strong sense of smell.
- Vacuum treatment: It will not solve the problem permanently, but it can be an effective strategy if you can physically spot bed bugs. You can use a regular vacuum. When you use your own vacuum to eliminate them, don’t forget to immediately remove the vacuum bag and placed it into a sealed plastic bag.
- Steam treatment: Many pest control companies use a combination of steam, heat and pesticides when treating bed bugs. But using a steam treatment alone can also be very effective and has the benefit of being environmentally friendly as well.
At Bed Bug Services, we have a team of professionals who are fully trained in offering all types of treatments. We serve residential and commercial areas throughout Ontario. We are committed to providing high quality services to our customers.