Getting rid of bed bugs can take more than two weeks if you perform this on your own. However, it also depends on the nature and extent of the infestation. If you notice an unpleasant odor in your room and dark, rusty stains on the bedsheets are a sign of larger infestation. The musty odor will become stronger day by day if you don’t take action immediately.
So, here are described some useful home remedies that can help you to remove bed bugs effectively.
- Steam Cleaner: Use the steam cleaner, keeping the temperature at least 130 degrees F but should not a forceful airflow as it will cause the pests to scatter. You can use the diffuser to prevent scattering.
- Boiled Water: Use of boiled water to wash your clothes, linings, carpets or in the cleaning process can turn out to be beneficial in killing pests.
- Heat Treatment: You can use the heating equipment to remove the bed bugs from your property. If you suspect bed bugs in your car then park your closed car in the sun to remove bugs, is a natural heat treatment.
- Vacuum Cleaner: The vacuum cleaner can be used to remove the bed bugs from your home, but it can not be used to kill the bed bugs. So, you can use it to avoid bed bugs spread in your home.
- Baking Soda: It is believed that baking soda absorbs the surface fluids on the waxy layer of bed bug’s shell and cause dehydrating them. Additionally, it is also found that baking powder can cut into bed bug’s shell and result in internal bleeding.
The hacks mentioned above are easy and simple to use by an individual. To get an effective and quick solution, feel free to contact us at Bed Bug Services in Hamilton/Niagara Area. We offer 24/7 emergency services and ensure to make your home bed bugs free using reliable and effective treatment.