Winter is finally here. It is time to enjoy winter vacations & Christmas with your family, friends and loved one. Around this time you might be thinking about the holidays. If you are planning to spend vacations out of town with your friends, you have probably considered what you are going to pack.
If you are going on a trip, bed bugs may be one of the last things on your mind. These tiny insects are a big problem and you can find them easily at different places, especially in public places. Even they can be found in hotels. Once your house has become infested, these small insects can cost thousands of dollars to exterminate. Because bed bugs have been discovered everywhere, it is a good idea for everyone to take them seriously. Because some insect repellents do not affect these itchy pests. Knowing how to avoid them at your hotel can save you a lot of expenses and troubles.
- Pack your luggage properly: One of the best ways to protect your clothes from bed bugs is packing all of your garments in sealed plastic bags. It will make hard for bed bugs to access your clothes. Keeping your attires packed in plastic bags will ensure that itchy pests will not be able to reach your attires while they are present in the room.
- Check the hotel room for signs of bugs: When you check into the hotel, first of all inspects your room for signs of bugs. Look at the spaces around the mattresses, take the bed sheet off the mattress and also check the box springs and pillows. Bed bugs can hide during the day and active late at night. If you see any sign of the presence of these tiny pests, talk to the customer service representative of the hotel.
- Store your luggage safely: Once you have confirmed your room is a bed bug free, you can store your luggage without a worry on a luggage rack or in almirah. But if you have any doubt, don’t leave your clothes, purse and other things the floor or furniture. Keep all bags closed when not in use.
- Look before you repack: So now you are ready to go back home and you have taken all the necessary prevention steps to avoid bed bugs during your stay. Before leaving when you pack clothes and other belongings, make sure you double check bags and clothes for signs of bed bugs.
After coming back from your trip, it is a good idea to wash all your clothes and dry them on a hot setting. If you have got bed bugs, drying clothes on a high temperature can increase the chances of success in getting rid of these itchy pests. If you are unable to remove them, call us at Bed Bug Services in Hamilton.
When you are going on a business trip or just going on a trip with your friends, you probably like to stay in a nice hotel. In the next morning after waking up you find some red rashes or bites on your body, it is a clear sign that your room has bed bugs and your bed is infested with several of hungry and blood sucking bedbugs. Now what do you do.
This is a very common problem for almost every traveler. These tiny blood sucking pests attach themselves with your luggage, clothes and come with you to your house and cause an infestation. When it comes to avoiding bed bugs in hotels, you need to pay an extra attention on your luggage and also do some research to protect yourself from these blood sucking pests.
Here are some essential tips that help you keep these tiny pests away from you and your luggage.
- Do your research: Before booking a hotel for your vacation, do some homework and find the best hotel in the locality where you want to go. You can find a hotel on the internet and read testimonials of its customer before making any decision. Every day various travelers visit a hotel and there is a possibility that some of them may bring bed bugs with them into hotel with their purse, and luggage.
- Check your matters and linens: It is good that you find a reliable and a bed bug free hotel on the internet. But you can also perform a visual inspection of the bed linens and matters for the second opinion. If you find some dried blood spot or dried speck of dark brown or black. It means there are bed bugs in the room. Immediately concern with hotel owner and ask about it.
- Protect your luggage: Do not put your luggage, suitcase, clothes or purse direct on the floor. If you do this, bed bugs can easily get in touch with your luggage and they start their travel with you. If the hotel offered you a luggage rack, be sure to use it. Use plastic bags to pack your clothes.
- Hang your clothes: Put your all clothes in a dry cleaning bag in the closets. Various hotels do not provide dry cleaning bags. In such situation you need to stay ahead by bringing your own dry cleaning bag. Hang all your clothes and avoiding contact with the floor.
- Use bed bug spray: It is a good idea that you check your luggage very carefully before leaving the hotel. If you find any single bed bug and don’t have time to contact manager or hotel owner, you can use a non-toxic bed bug spray inside and outside of your suitcase. Make sure you use only natural bug spray and avoid contact with your personal items.
Most of the people have only one question that how to know if they have them and how to get rid of them. With a visual inspection, you can find them easily and if you are not able to find them, you can hire a bed bug professional from Bed Bug Services in Hamilton. Our professional will provide you the best ways to remove them permanently.