Bed bugs are no less than a nuisance and are extremely harmful to humans. They feed on their host’s blood and leave behind itchy stings and rashes. Other than physical discomfort, these pests are also responsible for ruining an individual’s peace of mind or mental health. Bed bugs often infest a cluttered property with occupants.
If you think that your office or home is infested with these blood sucking bugs, look for the potential signs of their presence. It is important to get rid of bugs as soon as possible as they pose a threat to physical and mental well being of an individual.
Some health issues you may experience are:
- Respiratory Issues
If you are asthmatic or are dealing with other breathing problems, the presence of bed bugs can further deteriorate your condition. They often shed their skin and leave egg particles and waste which mixes up with the air. This combination of waste can interfere with your respiratory tract, thereby causing breathing issues.
- Allergic Reactions
Bed bugs feed on human blood, and their bites may lead to rashes, redness and other skin problems. In some cases, an individual may be allergic to bug bites or rashes, which in turn can lead to allergic reactions that may turn out to be life-threatening.
- Weak Immune System
Since bugs are generally active at the night and bite when a person is in an inactive state, they may disrupt their sleep. Lack of sleep or deprivation can lead to a weakened immune system that brings an open invitation to several health conditions.
So, these are some common health effects of having bed bugs around you. If you suspect a bed bug infestation around you, feel free to contact our pest exterminators at Bed Bug Killers in Hamilton.
Preparing your home before bed beg treatment eliminates the damage to your belonging. By knowing the right precaution, you can even save yourself from the dangerous effects of bed bugs spray such as skin infection, blistering, etc.
Another benefit is, it lowers the time of the pest management company and makes them complete the bed bug removal faster. So, are you ready to prepare your premises for bed bugs treatment? If yes, go ahead.
Tips To Prepare Your Home For Bed Bugs Treatment
- Don’t move your furniture, carpets or other belongings to another room unless you know these are not infested. If you move infested items in another place, chances are the bed bugs may spread in other areas.
- If you have air-mattresses, then deflate the bladders. Wash all the bed sheets, pillowcases, blankets and other linens in hot water. After drying, keep them separate until you are sure to have bed bug free place. Make sure to dry them at least for 20 minutes in the dryer on high heat that can kill the bed bugs in all stages.
- Some certain items that can damage easily with the high temperatures should be given care such as chemicals, wax figurines, candles CDs, oil paintings, flammable products, musical instrument, indoor plants, carbonated beverages and much more.
- Let the larger electronics like TV and computer be there but make sure to unplug electronics from the outside.
- Keep your pets and kids outside of the bed bugs infested property to prevent any damage.
- Food items that can melt at high temperature should also be placed away. Chocolate, solid oils and candy can be kept in the refrigerator. Medication should also be kept safe in your refrigerator during the heat treatment.
Now, your home is ready for the heat treatment to kill and remove the bed bugs. Rest the team of experts at Bed Bug Services will handle efficiently. Feel free to contact us anytime.
Bed bugs are blood-sucking pests that survive on human blood. They mostly live in a cozy place, be it is your bed, upholstery, carpet, clothes, linens or old furniture. Bed bugs bite cause swelling and itching, and it can also become an infection if you over-scratch.
These tiny pests are smaller than a seed of an apple, but they are dangerous to you and your pets. If you never hear about the bed bugs, here are some commonly asked questions about the bed bugs with their appropriate answer.
- Where Bed Bugs Come From?
Usually, the bed bugs get into your home through your clothing or luggage, second-hand furniture and mattress.
- How I Know, I Have Bed Bugs Infestation?
They bite in a series on uncovered parts of your body like arms and shoulder. Although they are visible to the naked eye, they leave some signs like blood spots, eggs in bedding and more.
- How To Prevent Bedbugs Infestation?
Never buy second-hand furniture, bed sheets or mattresses and when you return your home after a business tour then first inspect the stuff in your suitcase and wash before use.
- Can I Remove The Bed Bug Infestation On My Own?
It is quite challenging to get rid of bed bug infestation on your own because they can be removed only with the heat treatment.
- Should I Hire Professionals If My Home Is Bed Bugs Infested?
Yes, because professionals have a wide variety of tools and techniques to remove the bed bugs effectively.
So, if your home is bed bug infested or you want to know more about the pesky bed bugs, feel free to contact us at Bed Bug Services in Hamilton, Ontario. We offer 24/7 emergency services to our residential and commercial clients.
Bed bugs hitchhike from one to another place quickly. They are often found in cozy places, be it is your home, office or public place. They like to stay hidden in small cracks and crevices nearby the human environment because they survive on humans warm blood this is why these pesky bed bugs are often found in the mattress.
If you are going to inspect your home for bed bugs infestation, then start from the bed and check each corner of your house including curtains, clothes, electrical board, upholstery, furniture, suitcases, carpets, cracks, old furniture, etc.
Where Else Bed Bug Can Be Found?
- Hotels & Motels
- Schools & Colleges
- Retail Store
- Movie Theater
- Public Transportation
And Many More …..
How Bed Bugs Reach Your Home?
- Through second-hand material
- Your pets may bring bed bugs into your home
- When you return home after holidays, the bed bugs may drive with your suitcase.
Tips To Prevent Bed Bugs
- Whatever you bring in your home make sure to inspect it.
- Keep your home clean and do vacuum at least once a week.
- Don’t rely on bed bugs DIY treatment, call the professionals to get rid of bed bugs.
So, when you detect bed bugs in your home or office, contact us at Bed Bug Services. Our bed bugs exterminators in Hamilton use eco-friendly and durable pest removal method and techniques. We offer an effective solution at a reasonable cost and back it up with a guarantee.
Heat treatment is a chemical-free technique used to remove the bed bugs. Through this process, the temperature of the affected areas is raised to kill the pest. As the pest not only cause property damage but also bites humans and deliver red itchy marks, it is necessary to make your property pest free. The heat treatment is the most effective technology that helps to kill every pest that is hidden in tiny cracks and crevices.
How Heat Treatment Works?
The insects and pests can no longer survive at a temperature of 120 degrees or more. Higher heat in an infested room can kill the bed bugs and their eggs. The timing of maintaining the temperature in affected areas depends on the nature of infestation to ensure all pests are removed.
Some Types Of Heat Treatment
- Hot Box
The hot box you can use to place the items you inspected the bed bugs such as bags of clothing, luggage, shoes, blankets, etc. Heat penetrates tiny cracks that are difficult to examine.
Steam is another method that is also used to kill the bed bugs. But, it works on specific items such as bed frames, box springs, curtains, pillowcase, blankets/sheets and more.
Hot soapy water is enough to kill them, but some items that can not be washed with warm water such as the stuffed animals. In such conditions, you can use the clothes dryer to remove the bed bugs.
Why Should You Avoid DIY Heat Treatment?
Performing heat treatment requires training while an individual may get injured doing so. Moreover, your negligence can even damage your products instead of destroying the pest. Considering the unnecessary damages, it is vital to let the professionals perform their duty.
So, feel free to contact us at Bed Bug Services in Greater Hamilton/Niagara Area. Our professional pest removal and control exterminators deal with bed bugs using the advanced methods and techniques including heat treatment. We offer 24/7 emergency services to our residential and commercial clients at a reasonable cost.